Friday, November 2, 2012

Our free week!

Vince has the week off school and we have been living it up!  On Monday we headed down to visit my mom for her birthday, Tuesday it was off to the Crazed Cornfield Maze and Colorado Pumpkin Patch, Wednesday the big boys and I headed to Ice Age 4:  Continental Drift, Thursday was a day to clean and go to the library and today (Friday) we got to visit the Downtown Aquarium here in Denver.  In between all the activities we made it to the gym 3 times (more than I have been since hurting my coccyx!), carved jack-o-lanterns, went trick-or-treating and got incredibly dirty playing in our muddy backyard!

Now that Vince is in school all day long, I continually find myself missing him.  I know his brothers miss having him around too.  I hung out with Vincent 1800 out of the first 1825 days of his life.  And now our time together is reduced by 7 hours every day.  I am so, so, So proud of the little man, and so, so, SO excited for his life as a grade-schooler, but there is a small part of me that wants him to be with me forever....I mean, ALL THE TIME forever and ever!  Like I could home-school the kid and turn him into a total and complete mama's boy where I am part of every decision he ever makes and in his life every single day, forever!  I could almost do that, then I remember how much I want to raise an independent, free-thinking, likable, thoughtful member of society and I don't.  It doesn't quite seem fair that I can't have it both ways...

Back to our busy, fun-filled week... I feel the need to take full advantage and enjoy every minute of Vince/3 boy time I can get nowadays and we did just that!  We had a fantastic week and made some amazing memories!  Here are a few photos from my favorite activity, the Crazed Cornfield Maze and Colorado Pumpkin Patch:



P.S.  if you are in the Denver area, this place was incredible!  We had a great time playing in the corn-pit and in the maze (there is also a haunted maze for the braver folks!).  Plus (bonus!)  the pumpkins were a smokin' deal!  We went after the official 'Halloween Weekend' (on October 30th), but we got 6 medium to big pumpkins, plus 7 decorative squash and tiger striped pumpkins for under $11!  I do love a deal!  Here is the link:  http://crazedcornfieldmaze.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment