Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween paintings & haunted gingerbread house

Hello everyone! I love, love, LOVE this time of year!  There are so many great holidays and fall celebrations and it is gorgeous here in Colorado!  I am a little, tiny bit sad that Halloween is this week and my fall festivities are 1/3 over, but still over-the-moon excited to be having a great autumn!



Here are a couple more of our Halloween projects....

The boys had a BLAST creating these paintings!  We placed cut out shapes on black cardstock (I put a glue dot on the shapes to prevent them from moving around) and the kiddos dotted paint on the paper around the shapes.  When they were finished, I  took the shapes off and this is what was left!  Gorgeous, huh?

Kurtis especially liked this project because he likes to pound the paintbrush into the paper, and that is what he got to do for a full 9 minutes!  Each boy got to pick out their spooky Halloween shape and Damon chose the colors (which turned out pretty great!).  I love how Vince used a sole dot of purple paint to complete his painting!  



And, because it is almost Halloween and I won't share any Halloween projects after Wednesday, here is another of my favorites from this year:
Our Haunted Gingerbread House

This was a kit from Wilton.  We bought ours at Jo-Ann fabric and Crafts.  I like these kits because they are easy and come with everything you need.  Generally the rule is that these houses are not to eat, but Kurtis couldn't help himself!

Damon was actually the one who decorated most of this house.  I was very impressed with his attention to detail and his patience in creating the look he wanted (he wanted his house to look like the one on the box).  He place every piece of candy and frosted the black on the roof and the grey on the door, impressive for a 4 year old!

Hope you enjoyed our Halloween crafts!  Here's to a happy and safe trick-or-treating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment