Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Elephant cards

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I don't know about you, but my Monday was very much a  black hole of time and energy  Monday!  None of our errands went smoothly, our sewing machine (which they called to tell us was fixed) wasn't ready to be picked up (and require about 45 minutes of paperwork and testing!!!), three different stores did not have the basil we were looking for, and the car wash snapped my windshield wiper off....Needless to say, I didn't get as much done as I thought I would, and started my week off behind.  Oh well, there is always tomorrow!  One of my favorite parts about being a stay at home mama is that our schedule is fairly flexible and very adaptable!  We started over today and it is going well (although I am still behind, but really, that is not unusual!).

To explain today's craft I will let you all know that here in our family, we L-O-V-E the zoo!  We have a season pass and go an average of 3 times a month.  My kiddos know several of the animals given names (Mihala the hippo, America the flying fox, Cheyenne the black rhino, Agnes the python, ect.) and have an obscene amount of animal knowledge.  So, when a beloved elephant passed away a few weeks ago, they wanted to do something for her elephant friends.  I suggested we make sympathy cards (none of them had any idea what the heck sympathy was, but I did my best to explain and they were happy to make cards!).  Vince (and Kurt) decided to make a heart elephant similar to the animals found in one of our favorite books, My Heart Is Like A Zoo by:  Michael Hall.  Here is how those turned out

And Damon chose a black elephant die cut that we pasted on a printing/stamping project.







I like that my boys were thoughtful enough to want to make something so Mimi(the deceased elephant)'s friends wouldn't be so sad.  They make me proud sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. That is the worst ... when you go to multiple grocery stores and none of them have the ingredient you need!!! That happened to me a couple of weeks ago when I was on the hunt for banana peppers ... none at Whole Foods, none at Fresh Market, but finally found them at the third place I tried. I used to ALWAYS have that problem in Durango, too - Nature's O NEVER had fresh basil when I needed it for a recipe!

    ReplyDelete